Trout Pond Regulations
Fishing season: May 1 to Sep 30.
- Catch-and-release fishing only.
- Bait ban in effect (anything with a scent or flavour).
- Persons ages 16+ must have a valid Alberta Sportfishing Licence if fishing or assisting others with casting or reeling in their line.
Fishing is a great way for family and friends to connect with some of Alberta’s greatest natural resources – our lakes, rivers, streams and the fish that live in them! Help keep fish in our future – be a responsible angler:
- Know the regulations for your waterbody.
- Use barbless hooks to cause less damage to fish.
- Handle fish with care when catch-and-release fishing.
- Clean, drain and dry ALL fishing equipment when moving from one waterbody to another.
Be a responsible angler and know before you go:
Learn the basics of fishing in Alberta together as a family at these clinics for ages 4+. Available seasonally.
Updated: Jun 25, 2021