2022 Fishing Season Disclaimer: Trout Pond water levels are low due to environmental impacts and leading to unfavourable conditions for fish stocking and fishing. Stocking at the pond is on hold until further notice. We thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this issue for the 2023 fishing season.
Trout Pond Regulations
Fishing season: Annually, May 1 to Sep 30.
- Catch-and-release fishing only.
- Bait ban in effect (anything with a scent or flavour).
- Persons ages 16+ must have a valid Alberta Sportfishing Licence if fishing or assisting others with casting or reeling in their line.
Fishing is a great way for family and friends to connect with some of Alberta’s greatest natural resources – our lakes, rivers, streams and the fish that live in them! Help keep fish in our future – be a responsible angler:
- Know the regulations for your waterbody.
- Use barbless hooks to cause less damage to fish.
- Handle fish with care when catch-and-release fishing.
- Clean, drain and dry ALL fishing equipment when moving from one waterbody to another.
Be a responsible angler and know before you go:
New to fishing? Learn what you need to know to head out on your first fishing adventure in Alberta through a 90-minute guided clinic for families with kids ages 4 to 12.
Updated: Jun 6, 2022