COVID-19 response: Bow Habitat Station temporary closure
Effective March 13, Bow Habitat Station is temporarily closed to support the efforts to minimize the risk and spread of COVID-19.
For more information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Fishing season: May 1-Sep. 30 annually.
Reel in the fun at the Kids Can Catch Trout Pond, one of Alberta's stocked waterbodies! This provincially-regulated catch-and-release pond aims to inspire the next generation of anglers to discover the lure of fishing.
Trout Pond Regulations
- Catch-and-release fishing only.
- Bait ban in effect (anything with a scent or flavour).
- Persons ages 16+ must have a valid Alberta Sportfishing Licence if fishing or assisting others with casting or reeling in their line.
Add to your Adventure
No gear? No problem! Rent a fishing rod for ages 4+ and cast a line in our Trout Pond.
Learn the basics of fishing in Alberta together as a family at these clinics for ages 4+. Available seasonally.
Fishing is a great way for family and friends to connect with some of Alberta’s greatest natural resources – our lakes, rivers, streams and the fish that live in them! Help keep fish in our future – be a responsible angler:
- Know the regulations for your waterbody.
- Use barbless hooks to cause less damage to fish.
- Handle fish with care when catch-and-release fishing.
- Clean, drain and dry ALL fishing equipment when moving from one waterbody to another.
Be a responsible angler and know before you go:
Updated: Mar 31, 2020