Fish Hatchery Adventures
Due to the nature of the environment of the Fish Hatchery and the feed used within the facilities, people with severe fish allergies are not recommended to enter the hatchery.
Take a behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to raise over a million trout in the hatchery – including a hands-on experience feeding thousands of trout all at once!
What to Expect:
- Closed-in shoes recommended.
- Leave strollers at home. Strollers are not permitted inside the hatchery.
- Visitors must clean their hands using hand sanitizer and walk across a disinfectant mat to enter.
- Follow one-way flow to the largest ponds in the hatchery.
- Each visitor receives one serving of fish food. (Note: containers are disinfected after each use.)
- Cohort groups will have a specific area around the pond to feed the fish.
Upcoming Dates: Fridays & Saturdays
Time: Tickets available between 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Fee: $2.00 +tax per person (children 3 & under free with a paid adult)
- Youth under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a paid adult
Staying Safe Together
Your safety is our priority. Learn about how Bow Habitat Station is taking action to keep you safe on our COVID-19 Response page.
Public Snowshoe Clinic
Learn proper snowshoeing techniques while you trek the snowy trails of Pearce Estate Park. Play games along the way to discover how Alberta’s wildlife survive the winter.
Registration in advance is required. Tickets available to book online or by calling 403-297-6561.
Upcoming dates: Fridays starting in November (pending snowfall)
- 10:30 am - 11:30 am, and 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
- Presale tickets are available for sale online
Fee: $11 + tax per person (children 3 and under - free with an adult)
Who: All ages, starting at children's shoe size 4
Have a group of 10 or more? Private Learn to Snowshoe Clinics are also available:
Explore through the trails of our Interpretive Wetlands this winter on snowshoes! Investigate the tracks of our urban wildlife as you make your own.
Dates: Late Nov - early Mar (pending snowfall)
Fee: $6 per pair
Who: Starting at children's shoe size 4
Explore Pearce Estate Park’s Interpretive Wetlands:
Looking for even more fun? Check out these program opportunities:
Updated: Nov 16, 2020