COVID-19 response: The Discovery Centre and Sam Livingston Fish Hatchery have reopened to the public
with enhanced safety measures in place.
Fish Hatchery Adventures
As a working environment, participants must:
- Clean their hands using hand sanitizer prior to entering;
- Wear clean (no mud) closed-toe shoes; and
- Walk across a disinfectant mat.
Persons with severe fish allergies should not enter the Fish Hatchery.
Short on time or attention? Get a hands-on experience of what it's like to feed thousands of trout - all at once - in the Fish Hatchery!
What to Expect:
- Closed-in shoes recommended.
- Leave strollers at home. Strollers are not permitted inside the hatchery.
- Following one-way flow and signs, you and your cohort group will be led to the largest ponds in the hatchery.
- Each visitor will be given one serving of fish food. (Note: containers are disinfected after each use)
- Cohort groups will have a specific area around the pond to feed the fish.
Upcoming Dates: Fridays & Saturdays
Time: Tickets available between 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Approximate time to feed the fish is 10 mins
- Presale of tickets not available; please be prepared to wait in a physically-distanced line up; must be in line by 3:00 pm to participate
Fee: $2.00 +tax per person (children 3 & under free with a paid adult)
- Youth under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a paid adult)
Staying Safe Together
Your safety is our priority. Learn about how Bow Habitat Station is taking action to keep you safe on our COVID-19 Response page.
Fish Hatchery Tours + Feedings (not currently available)
Take a behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to raise over a million trout each year - from egg to fry - on a guided tour. All tours include a fish feeding – feed thousands of trout at once!
Fee: $4 / person (children 3 & under free)
Snowshoe Rentals (not currently available)
Explore through the trails of our Interpretive Wetlands this winter on snowshoes! Investigate the tracks of our urban wildlife as you make your own.
Dates: Late Nov - early Mar (pending snowfall)
Fee: $6 per pair
Who: Starting at children's shoe size 4
Explore Pearce Estate Park’s Interpretive Wetlands:
Have a large group? Make a group booking! More details:
Looking for even more fun? Check out these program opportunities:
Updated: Sep 2, 2020