A Bug-tastic Summer Activity
Grab a net and get your hands wet this summer as you search for aquatic insects in the marshes.
This July and August get up close and personal as you discover what sort of critters lurk beneath the surface of the water. From the water tiger and dragonfly nymph to the caddisfly larva and leeches - there’s no telling what you could possibly catch!
What you can expect
- A 45-minute outdoor program of hands-on dipping, searching and critter identification
- Guided instruction and direction to support you in learning about the aquatic invertebrates living in our wetlands
- Dipping equipment provided (dip nets, ID sheets and buckets)
What to bring
Please note Catch-A-Critter is an outdoor program. To ensure the best experience for you and your family it is recommended to come prepared with the following items:
- Appropriate footwear with grip to ensure you stay grounded
- Clothing that you won’t mind getting a little wet and possibly muddy!
- A hat or cap
- Sunscreen and bug spray
- A water bottle to stay hydrated
$5 +GST per participant. It is recommended to book in advance – spots fill up quickly.
Groups of 10 or more? Give us a call for group or private bookings:
Youth ages 12 and under must be accompanied by a paid adult participant and supervised at all times.
Dates and times
Catch-A-Critter is open from June to August annually. Check back for details on dates, times and how to register.
Updated: Sep 8, 2022