A Beginner's Guide to Fishing
Cast your line into the world of fishing in this introductory course designed for families with kids aged 4 to 12.
Learn the basics of fishing through hands-on activities in the classroom, Fish Hatchery and Discovery Centre aquariums.
What you can expect
- 2 hours of guided instruction through games and activities such as fish ID, magnetic fishing, fish handling and more!
- Small group sizes ensure the best experience for the entire family
- Learning about fish and fishing (note – fishing not included in the program)
By the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Identify Alberta’s popular sportfish
- Read and understand Alberta’s sportfishing regulations
- Tie a fishing knot and prepare your very own tackle box
- Head off on your first fishing adventure knowing you can minimize your impact on the environment and protect Alberta’s species at risk
Dates and times
Fishing 101 is scheduled to open in early 2023. Check back for details on dates, times and how to register.
Updated: Sep 8, 2022